HMG Creative is currently seeking a Graphic/Web Designer to join our internal creative team. The person in this role will be part of a team working on creating our visual design for websites, logos, and print materials. All candidates must have an online portfolio of work that showcases both technical and artistic ability, so show us what you’ve got!
• Optimize visual design and concepts for online or print environment.
• Review information architecture and creative designs for feasibility.
• Ability to create superior, original designs for the Web.
• Should be able to grasp the goals and scope to deliver projects to client specifications, within timeline and budget.
• Able to stick to pre-established schedules, or communicate effectively the reasons for schedule deviations.
• Communicate with the project team throughout all stages of design.
• Design web applications that enrich client brand experience.
• Develop elegant web solutions that perform appropriately and degrade gracefully in multiple browsers, platforms, and media types.
• Adhere to best practices.
• Be Local
• Design for websites, web applications and occasional print projects.
• Have a good working knowledge of typography, hierarchy and visual language.
• Believe content and users inform design and interaction.
• Understand the interplay of design and development.
• Have familiarity with responsive design principles.
• Have elite Photoshop and/or Illustrator skills
• Be able to work on a wide range of diverse and challenging projects.
It Would Be Nice If You Have
• Experience with, or exposure to, HTML and CSS.
• Been directly involved in designing mobile and/or responsive Websites.
• Exposure to open source based CMS (e.g. WordPress).
• Familiarity with customizing social media channels.
• Professional certifications and/or educational degrees.
HMG is a progressive digital agency with a focus on brand development, web design and interactive marketing services. We are a growing digital agency in the heart of Austin, Texas.Let’s Talk