HMG Creative, an Austin-based digital agency, is looking for a Social Media/Marketing intern to join our talented and hardworking team for this coming spring and summer! This is a great opportunity for you to gain direct hands-on experience in social media, digital marketing and communications while developing an understanding of the functions that support and build business. Our goal is to provide invaluable on-the-job experience that will benefit our interns’ future career. We promote creativity and self-starters, offering opportunities to give you professional experience.
The ideal candidate is a self-proclaimed social networking expert who actively uses Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media channels. You should have a passion for exploring cutting edge social networking platforms professionally and have developed a personal online brand utilizing the latest tools and techniques to stay connected to friends, family and colleagues. Our ideal candidate will have experience in managing online communities, excellent writing skills, and an interest in technology.
If you relish working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with technology, this position may be for you!
- Monitor and create regular content for the agency’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts
- Write and distribute industry-relevant blog posts to attract social media followers to brand
- Construct project write-ups for recently completed projects
- Compile and send quarterly company newsletters via eConnectEmail
- Brainstorm and implement general marketing tactics for the company
- Represent and promote the company with professionalism at local networking events
- Demonstrates creativity and immersion in social media best practices
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using “social networking speak” and on-line jargon
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
- Diligent work ethic and insatiable desire to expand skills and be the best
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing, or similar field
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with WordPress for blog content
- Basic knowledge of graphic design using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and others
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience using Facebook Advertisements
The team here at HMG strives to provide our interns with a valuable, learning experience. To help ensure this, only applicants who can commit to working early January- August (Spring/Summer) will be considered.
- Flexible hours ranging from 10-20 hours a week