Austin, Texas is famous for its vibrant community of art, music, and culture with hip places like South Congress, Rainey Street, and nature’s finest trails. So it should come as no surprise that many Austinites have gravitated toward Instagram, as their mode of visually expressing the city’s self-described weirdness. Naturally, Austin is also home to many Instagram “celebrities” who remind their followers each and every day why this is the greatest place to live.
Posted on Mar 23, 2017 by Alyssa Zucker
Posted on Mar 13, 2017 by Emily Ballard
The world of marketing is ever-evolving, and though there is no universal marketing strategy that will “just work” for every type of company, some marketing professionals make it seem like they possess the secret formula. Now that digital marketing has taken over, there are many new aspects of marketing that we must take into consideration when creating our marketing strategies. I went to multiple masterclasses on digital marketing that were held during weekend one of SXSW, and I’m here to share my key takeaways on where to focus your efforts when creating your digital marketing strategy.
Lawrence O’Connor spoke on the fundamentals of marketing and shared in-depth, valuable information on how to understand your target market. While I found the entire masterclass extremely valuable, these are the key points I took away when focusing on digital marketing:
- Know your business. Ask yourself these questions: Why does my business exist? Why should anyone care? What am I not willing to compromise? What are my goals and how will I get there?
- Don’t skip testing and keep track of your data. Try both qualitative and quantitative testing. For qualitative you can focus on surveys and interviews and for quantitative focus on user engagement. When focusing on engagement, always pay attention to your analytics. If you are constantly recording your analytics, you will see what is working for you and what’s not.
- Recognize which platform your target market uses most. From your data, you will see trends emerge for where the most engagement is occurring. You can then increase your engagement with your core-users, through strategic interactions in social media.
Creating Your Social Media Strategy:
Vin Clancy, social media expert and owner of Traffic and Copy, shared his insight on how to grow your business using only social media. Through his in-depth presentation covering social media strategies, the main focal points that stuck out for me were:
- Add value. Bring your expertise to the table and offer your knowledge. Nothing beats staying genuine and true to who you are.
- Show up every day. Posting every single day on social media keeps you relevant, and people will create a connection with you. Keep your content fresh and relevant, and focused when engaging with your followers.
- Use content scheduling. There are multiple websites such as Buffer, Hootsuite and Spredfast that you can schedule content up to months in advance on multiple platforms at a time. These are great tools to use when you are trying to reach your audience through multiple platforms, on a daily basis.
Both of these masterclasses dug way deeper into these marketing strategies and covered topics of which I could only scratch the surface with this post. These key takeaways will help in understanding the basics of digital marketing, and are essential to the early development of your marketing strategies.
Posted on Mar 09, 2017 by Emily Ballard
Keeping up with target audiences can be a challenge in today’s world since social media was brought into the mix. This year, South by Southwest is hosting some of the most intelligent brand and marketing specialists. Technology is booming and more fast-paced than ever before, so the demand for insight and guidance has never been greater. At these four panels you will hear directly from industry leaders on how to build your brand, grab your target audience and keep their attention. These events range from beginner to intermediate, and are perfect if you want to delve deep into the newest marketing trends.
Posted on Mar 07, 2017 by Alyssa Zucker
It’s very easy to be ignored or forgotten through the many social media outlets where users engage. In this age of mass communication, consumers are easily overwhelmed with the amount of daily advertisements they see, and quickly learn to filter out generic messaging. The key to cutting through these defenses is to differentiate your brand. It’s a given that not participating in social media puts your business at a severe disadvantage. However, even very active businesses can still find it difficult to keep their messaging from getting lost.
Posted on Feb 07, 2017 by Alyssa Zucker
Hello! My name is Alyssa Zucker and I am thrilled to join the HMG Creative team as the new Social Media and Marketing Intern! I am currently a Sophomore at the University of Texas at Austin, studying Public Relations with a minor in English. I am loving every aspect of being a Longhorn. Coming to Texas from my small town of Manhattan Beach, California, I am fully embracing all the amazing culture Austin has to offer. From learning what it means to “Keep Austin Weird,” to eating my way through the city, I am constantly entertained here. While I will miss being walking distance from the beach, I am excited to immerse myself in the Austin lifestyle, even the excruciating summer heat.
Sign up below and be the first to hear when our latest blog posts are published.
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Award of Distinction
- Blogging Tips
- Business Tips
- Company News
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Mail
- Email Design
- Email Marketing
- FAVE Award
- Guest Bloggers
- HMG Creative
- HMG Printing
- Logo Design
- Print Design
- Responsive Design
- Social Good
- Social Media
- Tech News
- Valentine's Day
- Web Design
- Web Development