HMG Creative, an Austin-based digital agency, is looking for a talented, hard-working back-end developer. If you relish working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with technology, this position may be for you! Does the following accurately describe you?
- I want to be part of an organization where my input carries weight.
- I am a team player who is excited by unique challenges and ready to learn and teach others.
- I have an extreme passion for the creativity and discipline that goes into back-end coding.
- I like to work on a wide range of diverse and challenging projects.
- I can work with Apache and Linux in my sleep.
- I am an expert in working with coding frameworks.
- I know PHP and MySQL inside and out and outside in.
- I have experience working with eCommerce platforms like Magento and WooCommerce.
- I have at least 4 years of technical back-end development experience.
- I am extremely reliable and dependable.
- I have an old-fashioned work ethic.
- My attention to detail is extreme.
- I love to continually learn and improve.
- Web and mobile technologies fascinate me.
If ALL of the above matches you perfectly, your primary job responsibilities will be to:
- Serve as the back-end developer for projects.
- Help maintain and improve existing sites.
- Collaborate with project managers, UX and graphic designers, and front-end developers.
- Participate in helping the sales team estimate write TRD’s and price inbound projects.
- Help debug and troubleshoot challenging issues.
- Working directly with clients to convert ideas and designs into technical specifications with novel implementations.
- Coding new WordPress themes and plugins from scratch and modifying existing themes and plugins.
- Creating responsive layouts in HTML5 and the Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework
- Performing SEO optimizations and implementing website statistic tracking and analytics
- Coordinating team development projects and delegating tasks to subordinates
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of proven professional web development experience.
- Expert-level knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Knowledge of best practices for web performance, accessibility, and usability.
- Experience with frameworks like, WordPress and Laravel 4.
- Excellent communication, reading, and writing skills.
- High self QA standards, ability to craft code that is not only functional but also clean and maintainable
This is a full-time position and offers competitive compensation based on experience. The team here at HMG Creative is constantly evolving, and we strive to build a culture that supports our fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Full Medical Coverage
- Office Happy Hours
- The Obligatory Ping Pong Table
- South Central Location – 2307 Thornton Road, Suite 105-1
Contact email@example.com with resume and project samples.