HMG Creative, an Austin-based digital agency, is looking for a Brand and Marketing Strategist to join our talented and hardworking team! This position will provide support for our clients by leading the development and implementation of brand strategies to inform effective marketing efforts.
The goal of this position is to help clients creatively determine their brand identity and positioning, develop powerful marketing strategies, and lay the foundation for future creative projects like collateral and web design. The person in this position will direct and lead the entire brand strategy process for mid-market businesses, including research, data analysis, brand positioning and messaging, and the development of a cohesive brand and marketing strategy.
If you enjoy working in an agency environment with clients in a variety of industries, have a passion for helping brands discover their true identity, and can drive a killer marketing strategy, let’s chat!
- Discovery process: Lead brand discovery process for clients to gain firm understanding of brand ethos, personality, culture, audience, partners, etc.
- Market research: Conduct rigorous analysis and market research to develop brand strategy and positioning, including but not limited to stakeholder interviews, focus groups, workshops, brand and communication audits, competitor analyses, and consumer surveys/interviews.
- Brand identity/voice: Define, develop, and maintain the client’s creative brand identity and voice.
- Brand toolkit: Lead the development of a brand toolkit that includes guidelines for brand identity, strategic positioning, audience personas, and visual communication such as fonts/typography/images/colors/logos. This toolkit will be used to inform all future communication efforts.
- Data analysis: Interpret analytics from research and make strategic recommendations based on trends and insights to identify data-driven marketing strategies that grow clients’ brands in line with their determined brand identity.
- Strategy implementation: Oversee implementation and execution of brand and marketing strategies. Launch, analyze, and optimize marketing campaigns across various platforms to deliver measurable business results.
- Brand consistency: Ensure all marketing efforts remain in line with brand guidelines. Collaborate with design teams to ensure precise execution of the brand strategy.
- Industry relevance: Stay up-to-date on culture, tech, branding, product, & digital trends.
- 5+ years of brand strategy and marketing experience
- Must be creative AND highly analytical, with experience in making data-driven decisions to help a business grow
- Highly motivated “big-picture” thinker with strategic insight to define brand identity, assess marketing needs, and develop creative solutions for clients
- Demonstrated success developing client relationships
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently with little direct supervision. This position is a leadership role that will develop and drive the entire brand strategy process, based on industry knowledge and expertise
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background and extensive experience working with agencies, creative, clients, and other teams to achieve marketing goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (writing samples will be requested)
- A passion for helping brands discover their “why”
- Strong leadership abilities to direct, guide, manage, and oversee processes; ensure clear internal and external communication; and drive implementation of results
- Energetic, passionate, and comfortable leading presentations, brainstorm sessions and workshops with medium to large groups
- Proactive individual excited about helping HMG expand its clientele and reach new customers through premium brand strategy services
This is a full-time position and offers competitive compensation based on experience. The team here at HMG Creative is constantly evolving and we strive to build a culture that supports our fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Profit Sharing
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Medical Coverage – Supplement
- Office Happy Hours
- The Obligatory Ping Pong Table
- South Central Location – 3809 South 2nd Street, A-200
For immediate consideration send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.