HMG Creative, an Austin-based digital marketing agency, is looking for a talented, senior-level UX Designer that can take a web design project through the full project cycle, from start to completion. If you can apply creative problem solving with design to help brands reach their marketing goals in an intuitive way, we want to talk to you!
This role requires a blend of skills and responsibilities, including mastery of visual design systems, deep understanding of UX design, strong project management skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and familiarity with front-end technologies.
As HMG’s UX Designer, your daily responsibilities would include:
- Manage and lead large-scale web design projects for our clients from start to finish.
- Participate in brand strategy and evaluation activities during discovery.
- Work closely with our creative director and collaborate with internal team members including strategists, researchers, and designers.
- Establish web strategy by clearly defining challenges, goals, use cases, technical requirements, site architecture, and content hierarchy.
- Effectively communicate with clients for collaboration and feedback throughout each project phase.
- Create visual design concepts in accordance with the established brand identity for core sections of the site, focusing on typography, color palettes, layouts, grid systems, and imagery.
- Build out interactive mockups and apply the established look and feel to remaining site pages.
- Configure website on the selected framework and ensure proper implementation of functionality requirements.
- Develop custom websites from scratch.
- Develop and customize WordPress themes.
- Present and deliver final concepts to client.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to come with solid experience in:
- Front-end design and development (5+ years)
- WordPress (theme and plugin customizations)
- CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, or Angular Material.
- eCommerce platforms (e.g. – WooCommerce, Magento)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Understanding the interplay between design and development.
We’re looking for a person who embodies these characteristics:
- Expert knowledge of graphic design principles with a strong emphasis on UI, UX, and web standards; up-to-date on industry trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism.
- Responsible; maintains efficient time-management and prioritization across multiple projects.
- Inclination for excellent customer service with desire to build relationships and establish rapport with clients.
- Sharp project management skills to keep project on schedule and efficiently moving through each phase with on-time delivery.
- Strong desire to develop engaging online digital content and experiences.
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about design.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a team, ability to be both fun and professional
Some perks of joining our team:
This is a full-time position and offers competitive compensation based on experience. The team here at HMG Creative is constantly evolving, and we strive to build a culture that supports our growing, innovative environment.
- Salary + Profit Sharing
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Medical Coverage
- Office Happy Hours
- The Obligatory Ping Pong Table
- South Central Location – 2307 Thornton Rd. Ste. 105-1
For immediate consideration send a cover letter, project samples and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.