HMG Creative is currently seeking a Visual / Interactive Designer to join our internal creative team. The person in this role will be part of a team creating visual designs for websites, logos, and print materials. All candidates must have an online portfolio of work that showcases both technical and artistic ability, so show us what you’ve got!
• Optimize visual design and concepts for online and print.
• Design logos, brand guidelines documentation, and identity marks.
• Create wireframes, user flow charts, and high-fidelity website mockups.
• Create and review information architecture and sitemaps.
• Design various print collateral (brochures, marketing collateral, postcards, etc)
• Customize social media channels.
• Direct and professional communication with clients, vendors, and coworkers.
• Be Local
• 5+ years of visual and interactive design experience.
• Have a good working knowledge of typography, hierarchy and visual language.
• Have strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
• Understand the interplay between design and development.
• Have familiarity with responsive design principles.
• Have expertise with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Have the ability to translate client objectives into solid creative ideas.
• Grasp the goals and scope to deliver projects to client specifications, within timeline and budget.
• Be able to work on a wide range of diverse and challenging projects.
• Be able to stick to pre-established schedules, or communicate effectively the reasons for schedule deviations.
• Adhere to best practices.
• Exposure to open source based CMS (e.g. WordPress).
• Brand strategy experience
• Illustration/hand lettering skills
This is a full-time position and offers competitive compensation based on experience. The team here at HMG Creative is constantly evolving and we strive to build a culture that supports our fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Profit Sharing
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Medical Coverage – Supplement
HMG is an award-winning digital agency with a focus on brand development, web design, and interactive marketing services.
Please submit resume, link to portfolio, and cover letter to email@example.com