If you’re somewhat knowledgeable on social media, you’ve probably heard the word “Vine” thrown around in conversation here and there. Maybe you have an account, maybe your friend has one; maybe you’ve simply read an article about the growing trend. And if you’re as knowledgeable as you think you are, you’re probably aware that as of last week, Instagram released video functions comparable to Vine. Although it may seem counterintuitive that I’m discussing Vine less than a week after Instagram released rival video capabilities, it’s important to highlight each platform before effectively comparing the two.
Posted on Jun 25, 2013 by Daniel Alvarez
Posted on Dec 18, 2012 by Daniel Alvarez
Twitter is gaining momentum at an alarming rate and more and more businesses are using Twitter to create new revenue, build relationships and solve customer issues. As a Twitter user for both personal and business use, I’ve seen what works and what doesn’t. Below are 6 tips to writing good tweets and getting more followers!
1. Keep it simple! Probably the most important piece of advice anyone can give you…no one wants to read a novel; especially on a network of fast-moving posts.
2. Be original. Yes, I know this is trivial but a lot of people forget to use their own thoughts.
3. Be personal. Bring your followers into your world, show them what YOU are about and make them feel welcome.
4. Make ‘em laugh. If you can’t come up with anything creative then default to a funny joke, everyone can appreciate a laugh now and then!
5. In conjunction with keeping it simple, make it catchy at the same time! Use words that define you and intrigue the reader. Separate yourself from the pack.
6. Hashtags. Another no-brainer in the Twittersphere; hashtags are to Twitter as SEO is to a solid website.
Sign up below and be the first to hear when our latest blog posts are published.
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Award of Distinction
- Blogging Tips
- Business Tips
- Company News
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Mail
- Email Design
- Email Marketing
- FAVE Award
- Guest Bloggers
- HMG Creative
- HMG Printing
- Logo Design
- Print Design
- Responsive Design
- Social Good
- Social Media
- Tech News
- Valentine's Day
- Web Design
- Web Development