It’s February and love is in the air. The time has come for red and pink to color our worlds and to celebrate those we hold dear.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect romantic spot for you and your significant other, or you’re just ready to treat yourself to a meal that you deserve, there’s a place for everyone in Austin this Valentine’s Day. Known as a destination for culinary invention and gourmet classics alike, Austin continues to bring delicious and delectable food to its people year after year. Here at HMG, we have compiled a list of some of the newest restaurants and dives for a taste of the best that this city has to offer.
Looking to impress and not afraid to wine and dine this February 14th? Check out our choices to indulge in a rich dining experience.
1. Olamaie – Upscale dishes with a delightful southern twist.
2. Lenoir – Fresh, creative cuisine with Mediterranean and Indian accents. Picture yourself dining the night away in their tree-shaded wine garden.
3. Red Ash Grill – Your favorite Italian dishes in bite-size portions. $8 happy hour pasta dishes. What more could you ask for?!
4. Junes All Day – Offering a $75 three-course meal deal for Valentine’s Day! Sit on the patio and enjoy the sweet bistro atmosphere.
Not ready to break the bank but want a quality fresh meal? We feel you. Check out these mid-tier gems.
1. Le Politique – Fish, oysters and crab done right. Delectable and fresh, this place serves every type of seafood all day long.
2. Holy Roller – Indulge in rich down-home food with a unique flair. It’s recommended for brunch, but we can’t resist their fried chicken sandwich for dinner.
3. Barleys Wine – Farm to table has a new taste. Choose from their regular dinner menu or the chef’s tasting assortment.
4. Emmer and Rye – Specializes in dim sum but covers the board. From pasta to pork shoulder, this place has it all.
5. Matties – A lighter take on the classics you love. Shrimp & grits and biscuits have never looked better.
6. El Chipiron – Transport yourself to Spain for the night with a wide array of tapas and pinchos.
Put on your jeans and relax. It’s a night for the best food you can get with that leftover cash you carry in your wallet.
1. Be More Pacific – Never tried Filipino food? Give this place a shot. Enjoy a mix of Malaysian, Chinese and Spanish flavors.
2. BonHomie – Get your taste buds ready to travel across the globe with dishes inspired by France, Germany, and Switzerland.
3. Contigo – What’s better than good old American cuisine? It hasn’t failed us before and it never will.
Valentine’s day in Austin has never looked so delightful. We hope that these picks will bring nothing but great tastes and even better memories with your favorite company – food is the way to the heart after all!