HMG Creative has a new team member! We would like to introduce Brandon, our newest addition to our web development team, who originally grew up in the Appalachian mountains of Kentucky and migrated to Austin for the opportunities in the Tech Industry.
Brandon started in the Tech world fixing computers for friends and family in High School, which eventually turned into running an IT Services and Web Development business in college. He studied Biology while at the University of Cincinnati but decided to switch career paths into becoming a full-time Web Developer. Having ran several teams and worked in a variety of industries, Brandon has a wealth of technical experience that he’s excited to bring to HMG Creative.
We know that Brandon likes to spend his spare time weightlifting and playing video games, but we wanted to get to know him a little better, so we asked him a few questions:
If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
- I would want to meet Nikola Tesla because he was one of the greatest minds who ever lived and without his inventions, we would not have electronics, communication, or computing. His thought processes were unconventional and I think there’s still a lot to be learned from him.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Time travel (even if only in short increments), because if you can traverse time you can pretty much do anything you want.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- I’ve always wanted to visit the Caribbean islands because the scuba diving would be spectacular.
What’s your favorite movie?
- Papillion with Steve McQueen
What skill would you like to master?
- Programming, because it’s what I love to do and I want to be the best that I can be at it.
Why did you choose to work for HMG Creative?
- I chose to work here because I’m very interested in the intersection of web development and marketing. I have a lot of experience in the technical side of marketing and advertising and I thought I could really apply my skills here. I’m also excited by the possibility of working across the wide range of industries that our clients are in. I really identify with the company culture and the people are very down to earth. I can’t wait to produce some really good work for this company!
Welcome to the team, Brandon! HMG is thrilled to have you here.