The holiday season is in full-effect in Austin, TX! From the Trail of Lights at Zilker Park to the shops at 2nd Street District, it’s very merry all around. With colder weather and festive feelings comes seasonal specials on warm drinks and sweet treats. We looked into some of the best local coffee shops and bake shops to get the inside scoop on seasonal specials. We’ve listed a few dessert spots perfect for date night and coffee shops for those quick caffeine kicks before work.
Posted on Dec 12, 2019 by Thalia R. Carrillo
Posted on Dec 04, 2017 by Emily Ballard
Festivities and events are in full swing with the holidays right around the corner, and as a full-service marketing agency, we are well aware of the design and print needs of most companies during this time of the year. HMG Creative is offering major savings on high-quality design work and commercial printing throughout the month of December as events and company parties continue to creep closer and closer. Continue Reading →
Posted on Nov 29, 2017 by Emily Ballard
The holidays are upon us, and there’s no better way than spending the season celebrating at the most beautiful venues and events the city has to offer. From long-time traditions to new holiday pop-ups, these events are perfect for ringing in the holiday cheer with the ones you love. Check out our curated list of Christmas events taking place in Austin throughout the month of December—these are some you won’t want to miss!
Posted on Dec 01, 2016 by Kate Gothing
Texans are finally moving away from shorts and sandals, to pants and sweaters. Winter is coming, and it’s time to have some fun. Although Texas does not have the snow you’d find in the Northern states which means you won’t be seeing any down jackets and ear muffs but families can still get into the holiday spirit with fun activities around Austin. Whether you want to take a stroll to soak in the pretty Christmas lights, or you are looking for a more structured activity, there is something for everyone this December. Continue Reading →
Posted on Dec 24, 2012 by Daniel Alvarez
Web design has changed exponentially since the advent of web 2.0 in the early 2000’s. What used to be static-only websites have now been replaced with dynamic ones that incorporate many design features including widgets, social plugins and much more. Here are 12 tips to keep in mind when building or rebuilding your website.
1. Show value– give people a reason to visit your site and keep them there.
2. What does your website do? Are you informative, are you selling something? Include a call of action and let it be seen on the site!
3. Simplicity– Keep it simple while still getting your point across.
4. Myspace is out! That means no blinking text or magic cursors!
5. Popups– Do I really have to explain this?
6. Keep the home page accessible. I’ve been to many sites where once I click a link on the navigation bar, I cannot get back to the home page- so frustrating!
7. Follow in Apple’s shoes and drop Adobe Flash– it’s processor heavy and there’s no place to embed SEO.
8. I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND DUMB BUT DON’T CAPITALIZE ALL OF YOUR CONTENT.
9. Speaking of words and content, check your grammar and spelling please!
10. Use keywords and descriptive text that relates to your business. However, don’t over-embed keywords in your content- keep it natural.
11. Be accessible, yes add a Contact page and put an email, phone number, something!
12. Navigation is key! Keep a global navigation bar that allows accessibility to all of your pages.
I know the post reads “12 Tips” but I’m throwing in a BONUS, yay!
13. Social media integration- the key to the popularity and national/global success of your website and business.