Mother’s Day in Austin: What To Do and Where To Go

Mother’s Day is right around the corner and we’re here to show you the most fun and entertaining events Austin has to offer! Whether you’re looking for a relaxing experience to pamper mom with or have decided to give her an opportunity to let loose this weekend, HMG has the line up for you. Pop open the prosecco and enjoy!

Continue…

Holiday Events in Austin

The holidays are upon us, and there’s no better way than spending the season celebrating at the most beautiful venues and events the city has to offer. From long-time traditions to new holiday pop-ups, these events are perfect for ringing in the holiday cheer with the ones you love. Check out our curated list of Christmas events taking place in Austin throughout the month of December—these are some you won’t want to miss!

Continue…

Meet Natalie, The New Kid on The Block

Hi! My name is Natalie Matthews and I am ecstatic to begin as the new social media and marketing intern at HMG Creative, this semester. Born and raised in Clear Lake, Texas, I have enjoyed dancing competitively for twelve years with my older sister and traveling alongside the rest of our family in our free time. I am an avid cooking show viewer, occasional chef for one and dedicated consumer of all things sweet. You can often find me making my way around Town Lake while listening to some of my favorite artists, ranging from Frank Sinatra to Katy Perry. I am passionate about empowerment, the alleviation of poverty, education and positive living.

Continue…

Shopping Without a Basket: How E-Commerce Is Shaping The Consumer Experience

When is the last time you have walked into a store just to try on that shirt and redeem the coupon you received via email last month? The last time you’ve checked the reviews on that electronic you’ve been anticipating for a year, just to wait in line for 6 hours on the day it is released at Best Buy? Is it that we are becoming more impatient and comfortable with a screen controlling our purchases? Or could it be that buying online is the most efficient and economical option for today’s society?

Continue…

The Gift of Giving: Corporate Social Responsibility’s Effect on Branding Strategy

This year, we saw a one-minute Super Bowl spot from Toyota featuring a Paralympic athlete and the journey she took to increase her chances of winning a gold medal. Heartwarming and inspiring—no cars were featured in the ad, which promoted the phrase, “When we’re free to move, anything is possible.” So what does this say about what we value as consumers? Are features and benefits our main concern? The fact is, in a world with so much variety, availability, and interconnected commerce, we subscribe to the brands we choose to invest loyalty in, not the products we choose to buy.

Continue…

The Ultimate Dinner Date: Valentine’s Day in Austin

It’s February and love is in the air. The time has come for red and pink to color our worlds and to celebrate those we hold dear.

Whether you’re looking for the perfect romantic spot for you and your significant other, or you’re just ready to treat yourself to a meal that you deserve, there’s a place for everyone in Austin this Valentine’s Day. Known as a destination for culinary invention and gourmet classics alike, Austin continues to bring delicious and delectable food to its people year after year. Here at HMG, we have compiled a list of some of the newest restaurants and dives for a taste of the best that this city has to offer.

Continue…

A World We Never Knew: Experiential Marketing at SXSW

Have you ever walked into a bar, enjoyed the activities and amenities, then come to find out that it was only a temporary pop up pub? Been looking for that perfect atmosphere for a cold one that you swore was on that corner next to your hotel? Companies are utilizing the flux of marketing, technology and media obsessed crowds during this upcoming week to promote their products by temporarily renting spaces in and around downtown and setting up shop.

Continue…

Amplify Austin Day – Help Raise $10m in 24 Hours

What is Amplify Austin Day?
Amplify Austin Day is a 24-hour period of online giving which connects local non-profits of all causes to local donors through a digital marketplace. This platform provides a fun way for the city to come together to better the community. Over the past five years, Amplify Austin has raised over $35 million for local organizations. This year it aims to raise $10 million in just 24 hours!

Continue…

Make The Most Of ACL: Marketing Tips

It’s the beginning of October and every Austinite knows what that means—the first weekend of Austin City Limits. Whether you’re a festival goer or festival avoider, this weekend will impact us all. ACL brings people from around the country to the city of Austin, giving our businesses and the city itself unique exposure. This weekend, the city will be packed with music, events, locals, and travelers from around the world. With hundreds of festival-goers hitting the streets of Austin, this is the perfect weekend to take advantage of blockchain marketing and consulting opportunities for your business.

Continue…

Savings For Your Fall Print Needs

Festivities and events are on the rise as the fall and winter seasons approach and as a full-service marketing agency, we are well aware of the design and print needs of most companies during this time of the year. HMG Creative is offering major savings on high-quality design work and commercial printing throughout the month of October as events and company parties continue to creep closer and closer. Continue…